skip to content
 

In conversation with the Miska Group at the Gurdon Institute

Tuesday 12 March: 6:00pm - 8:00pm

Gurdon Institute, Wellcome Trust/Cancer Research UK Gurdon Institute The Henry Wellcome Building Tennis Court Road, CB2 1QN

Join us for an evening talk followed by discussion and drinks with our scientists.
Professor Eric Miska will talk about how life began as and still is an RNA world.

Our DNA contains about 20,000 genes. However, these genes make up only 2% of our genetic code. Until recently, the remaining 98% of our DNA was considered to be “junk”. Now we know that this “junk” can produce important molecules called non-coding RNAs, which directly impact biological processes. Our research aims to understand how non-coding RNAs regulate development, physiology and disease.

Booking Information

Telephone number:
01223766766

Booking required

Accessibility

Accessible toilet, Full access

Additional Information

Age: 15+, Talk, Arrive on time, Free

Map